Name: Bernadette Snyder
Program: MS Pastoral Counseling
- How far along are you in the program?
I am a part-time student so I’m going into my 3rd year and will start clinicals the fall of 2012.
- Favorite Quote:
Love people. Cook them tasty food.
- Favorite spot in Baltimore:
- Where is your hometown?
- What is the most meaningful class you’ve taken?
Contemporary Religious Perspectives
- Where is your placement?
I will begin at the VA home for Boys and Girls in fall 2012
- Who is your inspiration?
So many have influenced my journey… famous hero is Buzz Aldrin because he took Communion to the moon. More personally, my parents because of their sense of humor, mercy and great love.
- What are three unusual things about yourself?
1. I am a Barbie collector
2. I belong to the Order of Consecrated Virgins
3. My drinking glasses have scenes from E.T. or The great Muppet Caper on them.
- What is your dream job?
I grew up wanting to be a paleontologist, completed undergrad set to be an astronaut, and now all I dream of is helping people heal. Ideally, I’d like to counsel families and children because I believe the family unit is the first – and most important – source of love and health.
- What else should the readers of Making Meaning know about you?
My journey to pastoral counseling can be summed up in the famous words of Jerry Garcia: What a long, strange trip it’s been. Or maybe the Beatles: The Long and Winding Road. Better yet, Miley Cyrus: Ain’t about how fast I get there, ain’t about what’s waiting on the other side – it’s the climb. And I wouldn’t want it any other way.