Name: Karla Wynn
Program: MA Pastoral Care
- How far along are you in the program?
Graduate in May 2012
- Favorite Quote:
…all effort and exertion put forth by man from the fullness of his heart is worship, if it is prompted by the highest motives and the will to do service to humanity.
-from the Sacred Writings of the Baha’i Faith Those who have no record of what their forebears have accomplished lose the inspiration which comes from the teaching of biography and history. -Dr. Carter G. Woodson
- Favorite spot in Baltimore?
Frederick Douglas, Isaac Meyers Maritime Museum, Fells Point, Great Blacks in Wax Museum
- Where is your hometown?
- What is the most meaningful class you’ve taken?
Crisis Intervention, Family Counseling, Loss and Bereavement
- Where is your placement?
Chaplain Internship at Greater Baltimore Medical Center Office of Spiritual Support Services
- What is your inspiration?
I received inspiration from the natural environment, such as the beauty of a park or the beach. When in nature, I bask in the glow of God’s love. I also receive inspiration from good song lyrics
- What are three unusual things about yourself?
1. I am a member of the Bahá’í Faith
2. I served as an Urban Youth Development Volunteer and Regional Youth Center Manager with the Ministry of Youth & Sport in the Peace Corps (Khorixas Namibia)
3. I have eclectic tastes in music.
- What is your dream job?
To be a best-selling author and life coach traveling around the world assisting people in actualizing their hopes and dreams.
- What else should the readers of Making Meaning know about you?
I am a 2012 Master of Arts Degree candidate in Spiritual and Pastoral Care from Loyola University Maryland’s Department of Pastoral Counseling. The writer and editor is also an occasional performing artist who served as a Peace Corps Volunteer in Namibia, Africa. A member of the Bahá’í Faith (www.bahai.us), the native New Yorker has a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science from Hampton University, is a member of Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc., and is the Director of Public Relations for ADACI (www.adaci.net). Karla has a personal blog at http://wynnwritesproductions.blogspot.com.