Name: Rev. Nichole Phillips
Program: MS Pastoral Counseling
- How far along are you in the program?
I will graduate May 2013
- Favorite Quote:
The relationship is always more important than the problem. -Dr. Richardson
- Favorite spot in Baltimore:
I.N.D (my alma mater)
- Where is your hometown?
- What is the most meaningful class you’ve taken?
PC 694 Independent Study: Family and Community Systems of Ghana
- Where is your placement?
Connections For Life Counseling Center
- Who is your inspiration?
My mother- my first example of selfless, unconditional, and sacrificial for another.
- What are three unusual things about yourself?
1. I was valedictorian of my seminary class.
2. I recorded an album with a gospel group in college
3. I’ve traveled to Africa and hope to have a house built there one day.
- What is your dream job?
Professor of pastoral counseling at Virginia Union University (my seminary alma mater).
- What else should the readers of Making Meaning know about you?
I am passionate about working with children, adolescents and families with a particular interest in exploring and learning from other cultures and persons different from myself. I am an advocate for justice and the rights of all persons to live free, hopeful, and empowered lives. I hope to one day develop a program for young mothers who have aged out of the foster care system.