Quick, Easy, and Healthy Food Ideas for Super Bowl XLVIIGUACAMOLE WITH QUESO FRESCO →
- 2 ripe Hass avocados, halved, pitted, and peeled
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 medium red onion, finely chopped (1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/8 teaspoon coarse salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons queso fresco, for sprinkling
° For a healthier alternative, try serving with vegetables.
SWEET POTATO FRIES →
- Vegetable oil for parchment
- 2 large sweet potatoes (about 2 pounds), skins on, scrubbed and cut into 4-inch sticks, each 1/2 inch thick
- 3 large egg whites (a scant 1/2 cup)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees with racks in the upper and middle positions. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and rub with oil.
- Put sweet potatoes in a microwave-safe container, cover, and microwave 2 minutes. Stir gently, cover, and microwave 1 to 2 minutes more until pieces are pliable. Let rest 5 minutes covered; pour onto a platter.
- In a large bowl, whisk egg whites until frothy, add spice mix, and whisk to blend. Working in batches, toss the sweet-potato pieces in the seasoned egg whites, letting the excess liquid drip back into the bowl. Place in a single layer on prepared baking sheets. Bake 10 minutes, then flip pieces over with a spatula. Rotate baking sheets from front to back and from one rack to the other. Bake until dark golden brown, about 15 minutes. Serve immediately.For more recipes visit, http://www.wholeliving.com/136374/football-food-makeover-healthier-super-bowl-recipes#/133192