Did you know that the average person injests nearly 5 pounds of lip balm in his or her lifetime? This statistic considered, your lip balm should be all-natural and toxin-free. Here is a quick and easy way to make your own:
- 2 teaspoons of pure, filtered, unbleached, cosmetic grade beeswax pastilles
- 1 teaspoon organic, raw shea butter
- 3 teaspoons organic, unrefined coconut oil
- 20 drops of essential oil of choice
- 6 3/16 oz. lip balm tubes
Set your oven on low-medium heat. Combine all ingredients in a small pot and put on the oven. Stir the mix until all the shea butter and beeswax has melted. Remove the mixture from the heat and turn the burner off. Using a funnel, fill the tubes up, and allow them to set for 20 minutes.
This lip balm is great for protecting your lips during the dry winter months, and also make nice Christmas gifts. Enjoy!