Loyola’s Parkhurst management team has worked with Loyola staff, administrators, and students to make Loyola dining services a sustainable operation.
- We work with Waste Neutral to compost our food waste from the dining halls
- 100% Styrofoam-free
- Greenlight Biofuels converts used fryer grease into bio-diesel
- Corn-based cups are in all dining halls. They can be composted!
- We use local produce from Lancaster Farm Fresh and Shaw Orchards
- Parkhurst is committed to obtaining at least 30% of their food from the surrounding 100 miles
- Practice on-site gardening
- Parkhurst hopes to partner with local charities, such as Beans and Bread or Our Daily Bread, to donate left over baked goods
Want a single sheet that displays all the ways Parkhurst is going green? Download our Parkhurst Dining Info Sheet